Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently noticed that during fairly hard braking (not ABS kicking in hard braking, but just a little harder that you normally would) car is producing two distinct metallic clicks that I can feel (sort of) in the in the break pedal. It seems to do that after driving the car for some time (at least 15min or so). Gentle breaking produces no foreign sounds. I've removed the tires, took the pads off, cleaned and lubricated pins, inspected rototrs- all seems to check out fine (although, I believe rotors are warped as there's a bit of pedal pulsation when breaking from highway speeds). All suspension components appear to be in a good shape. Any idea what could be the root cause? Any one else had the same issues perhaps?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I had something similar that I noticed when braking from around 23 mph as I approach stop signs. I had the non-OEM rotors resurfaced a few month back but I recently noticed the noise is back. To be honest I’ve found the brakes in this vehicle are not sufficient to really stop the car and I even put on some pretty good pads and rotors.

Hawk HPS 5.0 pads
Centric Premium Rotors.

This combination makes my Subaru stop on a dime but not the heavy pilot.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had something similar that I noticed when braking from around 23 mph as I approach stop signs. I had the non-OEM rotors resurfaced a few month back but I recently noticed the noise is back. To be honest I’ve found the brakes in this vehicle are not sufficient to really stop the car and I even put on some pretty good pads and rotors.

Hawk HPS 5.0 pads
Centric Premium Rotors.

This combination makes my Subaru stop on a dime but not the heavy pilot.
did the rotor/pad swap solved the issue initially?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is. In your case though there are 4 clicks/clunks and it is at slightly higher speed that I'd hear it (around 20mph and lower when braking). And usually there are 2 clicks (few times heard 3 clicks)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts