Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Isn't it supposed to have some LED running lights? I haven't seen them on at all...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Isn't it supposed to have some LED running lights? I haven't seen them on at all...
Those definitely should stay on especially on a EX-L.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, where do I start to figure this out?

Maybe a fuse or something since both are non functional?

Dealer probably isn't going to cover it, I think the original Honda warranty is 3y/36k right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Think others would chime in but from what I recall, the dealer told me the new vehicle warranty is 60k. Yeah agree, checking fuses to see what going on there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
you checked the fuse box under the dash by driver side? was the car ever in accident? there is no reason for the fuse to pop unless accident or being mess with by someone such as adding accessories.

are you sure it is out of warranty? just in case all the fuses checked out fine under dash. I know it is 3 years 36000.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked the DRL and Parking Light fuses under the dash with a multi meter. Both have continuity, so we can rule that out.

I have 39k miles on the car now. Bought it with 38k. So it's definitely out of warranty.

·
Registered
237 Posts
so, fuse continuity is good, got power there? did you check the front area for any sign of accident? maybe it just wasn't connected?

now, I am not sure this will help, look at the sticky, anekin007 have the service info posted there and good luck!!

Sticky Thread Sticky: 2016 Honda Pilot Service Info

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were the lights working when you bought it? Daytime lights run all the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took it back to the dealership. They replaced both headlights since we just bought the car.

Happy camper here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Took it back to the dealership. They replaced both headlights since we just bought the car.

Happy camper here.
Smart move taking back to the dealership. It's their responsibility to make it right. 👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bertha (call her that because she's a big girl compared to my 04 Forester XT we just sold) looks good with her eyeLEDs all fixed up.
Need to see about having the local tint shop put on some clear protective 3m film or similar to protect these brand new headlights.
Any thoughts on what I should expect to pay for something like that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts