Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I am a former owner of a 2011 Honda Accord. Bought a used 2016 Honda Pilot Touring 2 months ago. I have experienced two major problems so far. Could not open trunk lid with remote key. HPT was under warranty. To fix, Carmax sent vehicle to Honda dealer that installed a new control panel and provided 2 new remote keys. I can now operate trunk lid with remote, but the lid opens a little slow when manually opened. The other problem is same I had with the Accord - battery charging. The entire system is quirky. Yesterday the car got stuck in accessory mode and would not start. Called AAA who came out with a big Carlyle industrial battery jumper and got it started. I thought Honda admin would have fixed the dual charge problem by now. What is a woman to do?

·
Registered
302 Posts
You may just have a tired battery. Honda's OEM batteries are not the best in quality. Several are being replaced in models with auto start/stop feature (nightmare). Some people only getting 3 years out of their original battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts