Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like the members here with real experience of installing some heated seat covers in a Pilot.
I have an 08SE, and a 15LX. Neither have heated seats.

Anyone have a link to a good brand of heated seat cover they'd recommend?

TIA

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Look for a 15 EXL in the boneyard they have heated seats .. I have mine set so when the remote start comes on the seats also are kicked off ... Now i need to find a way to get the heated steering wheel ...

Reactions: CheapB and The Todd

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm looking for an aftermarket remote starter also LOL.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Well, I'm looking for an aftermarket remote starter also LOL.
Any ideas?
I installed this kit ... %100 plug and play to the 2015
3 lock beeps truck starts ..remote still opens the doors when told too

Just make sure the idiots program the brain to your ride .. i had to swap mine out cause they forgot the firmware .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a heated seat kit similar to the one you have pictured and installed it in my 2017 Tacoma. I approached it a bit differently however. Since this was a truck and was going to see some dirt and my German Shepherd I wanted to install some seat covers. I put the kit under the aftermarket covers and that works quite well.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed this kit ... %100 plug and play to the 2015
3 lock beeps truck starts ..remote still opens the doors when told too

Just make sure the idiots program the brain to your ride .. i had to swap mine out cause they forgot the firmware .
Which idiots are those? I was looking at this and was going to ask my wife tonight.

It says plug and play. I can do some simple programming with instructions if needed.
What else?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do to some iffy reviews,
I went ahead and ordered some seat covers with heaters in them- requires no taking the seat apart.
These were low $$ enough, that I won't mind if they don;t work well. It was an Ebay thing, - no reviews.

I figure for this price, for 2 seats, if it doesn't work, at least I didn't take my seats apart, etc. I can live with that. Possibly even send it back.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Which idiots are those? I was looking at this and was going to ask my wife tonight.

It says plug and play. I can do some simple programming with instructions if needed.
What else?
it was the manufacture they claimed it was their mistake so they overnighted another brain with the correct firmware. Easy install no wire cutting it all plugs into the existing system in the pilot. nothing really just follow the instructions you will have a harder time removing panels than actually installing this thing.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was the manufacture they claimed it was their mistake so they overnighted another brain with the correct firmware. Easy install no wire cutting it all plugs into the existing system in the pilot. nothing really just follow the instructions you will have a harder time removing panels than actually installing this thing.
Thanks,
I hope if and when I get one it's just plug and play only. No hassle.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do to some iffy reviews,
I went ahead and ordered some seat covers with heaters in them- requires no taking the seat apart.
These were low $$ enough, that I won't mind if they don;t work well. It was an Ebay thing, - no reviews.

I figure for this price, for 2 seats, if it doesn't work, at least I didn't take my seats apart, etc. I can live with that. Possibly even send it back.

* Update:

I bought and installed these ones in the Ebay ad.

They work Well! They get warm/hot too! Even on Low, they have a low/high switch- even on low, they are very warm! For ~$35 shipped- well work it.

I've also got an OEM- uses the same key FOB remote starter ordered and on the way!

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 14 of 14 Posts