Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I could just try and start my 15, turn on the heater, shut it off and restart it and see if it's on.
But's it's not here and I'm at work.

I realize the coolant will get warm anyways with the remote start, but will the heater stay on to also get the cab warm if it's left on at the last engine shut down?

TIA, I tried a search- didn't see this exact ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does your pilot have automatic climate control? If it does, leave it on and as the engine warms up, the interior will warm up.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Does your pilot have automatic climate control? If it does, leave it on and as the engine warms up, the interior will warm up.
Agreed ... What I do is crank the temp to HI .. then shut off the pilot when the remote start kicks in it warms up the pilot once it reaches temp.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The HVAC controls stay at their last settings, as others have shared. Regardless of whether you start the car with the key or the remote. the car will remember the last settings you left. I'm not sure why you'd set the heat to "HI" before shutdown though; It runs at full capacity on restart to heat the cabin, then modulates to maintain target temp when you just lave it at your normal temp setpoint. It heats up no faster on "HI", just doesn't maintain target cabin temp.

----

The piece I'd like to work immediately on remote-start is seat heating, according to mrs dr bob anyway. The cabin is at normal temp after a short while, and the coolant has heated to support immediate drive-off. Seats are still 'cold'. I'm sure I could do a little hocus-pocus to fool the seat heater controls if this were a marriage-critical concern. I have to confess that she turns the seat heater to "extra crispy" as soon as she sits. She also wears her parka in the car in the winter, with cabin temp set to 75ºF, and complains that her hands are cold so redirects hot air out the dash vents. In her 4Runner in the summer, AC is directed to the floor with fan forced to low so her hands don't get chilled. It's different. :rolleyes: But it's part of the deal.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies all.

End Thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts