Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from my dealer for my 15,000 service. At Lute Riley Honda in Richardson Texas, they chargee $186.00 I am not sure I will return to the dealer for this type service anymore. What have others been charged if anyone has had the 15,000 mile rip off yet?u

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't have that many miles on our Pilot yet, but I just had the 15,000 mile service on my Toyota Tundra. Cost $182. I thought that was a bit high, but maybe not.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
4603pba said:
I just returned from my dealer for my 15,000 service. At Lute Riley Honda in Richardson Texas, they chargee $186.00 I am not sure I will return to the dealer for this type service anymore. What have others been charged if anyone has had the 15,000 mile rip off yet?u
My 15,000-mile service for the Pilot was $ 168.93 after dealer coupons.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

SteveLuman said:

My 15,000-mile service for the Pilot was $ 168.93 after dealer coupons.

Must be nice. I didn't get any dealer coupons.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

4603pba said:

Must be nice. I didn't get any dealer coupons.
I got a coupon book with the purchase + they send coupons every month now that I have the service with them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

SteveLuman said:

I got a coupon book with the purchase + they send coupons every month now that I have the service with them.
No dealer coupons here either.

What does that say for the dealers? Not as creative, or not as interested in maintenance revenues?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know why they would not be interested in maintenance. there sure seems to be a lot of profit in it.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
4603pba said:
I don't know why they would not be interested in maintenance. there sure seems to be a lot of profit in it.
...or they could just be slow in getting the coupon(s) out -- my dealer (Criswell Honda) didn't send me my 6-month maintenance coupon until my 8-month mark!!! :eek:

·
Registered
518 Posts
When we purchased our Pilot we purchased a 45,000 mile maintenace package. It includes oil changes at 3,750 intervals, and the 15,000, 22,500, 30,000, 37,500 and 45,000 service. I think we paid $450 for the package. Since we have owned 9 other Honda's and we have always relied on the dealer for service I felt the maintenance package was a good deal. Our dealer also mails coupons that are usually good for 10 - 15 percent off parts and labor.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

SteveLuman said:

So, Steve, your Honda dealer gave you a coupon book for discounted service with your Pilot purchase...and also sends out other coupons every month? Are the coupons in the book for 10 percent off parts/labor for each scheduled service for the life of the car? I got a coupon book like that with my purchase of a Honda Civic at Shockley Honda in '98. So, I was disappointed that no coupon book was offered by Criswell, the Honda dealership where I bought my Pilot (and Kemosabe his). Criswell instead will sporadically send out coupons for 10 percent off this or that service. But as Kemosabe mentioned, the coupons aren't necessarily sent in a very timely manner.

I continue to take my Civic to Shockley's for each service and have enjoyed my automatic 10 percent discounts each time.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

Ziploc said:

So, Steve, your Honda dealer gave you a coupon book for discounted service with your Pilot purchase...and also sends out other coupons every month? Are the coupons in the book for 10 percent off parts/labor for each scheduled service for the life of the car? I got a coupon book like that with my purchase of a Honda Civic at Shockley Honda in '98. So, I was disappointed that no coupon book was offered by Criswell, the Honda dealership where I bought my Pilot (and Kemosabe his). Criswell instead will sporadically send out coupons for 10 percent off this or that service. But as Kemosabe mentioned, the coupons aren't necessarily sent in a very timely manner.

I continue to take my Civic to Shockley's for each service and have enjoyed my automatic 10 percent discounts each time.
The maintenance book that I got from the dealer contains $ 740.00 worth of maintenance vouchers for up to 120,000 miles (40 visits). These are mainly $ 20.00 vouchers.

The dealership now places perforated discount vouchers for parts (10% off) and service (10% off) on the actual service receipt also.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

SteveLuman said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

The dealership now places perforated discount vouchers for parts (10% off) and service (10% off) on the actual service receipt also.
Yes, you're right SteveLuman!!! I noticed that Criswell Honda in Kemotown also adopted the same coupon marketing strategy on the bottom of their service invoices... :4: :17:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

kemosabe said:

Yes, you're right SteveLuman!!! I noticed that Criswell Honda in Kemotown also adopted the same coupon marketing strategy on the bottom of their service invoices... :4: :17:
I'm jealous, kemo! My service invoice from there didn't contain diddly coupons!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

Ziploc said:

I'm jealous, kemo! My service invoice from there didn't contain diddly coupons!
Hmmm... that's strange, then, because I've used them (Criswell) twice already (to get spare keys made) and both times, at the bottom of the invoice were two perforated coupons for future service. I wish I hadn't thrown them away or else I'd scan them in to show you... Rats!!! :3:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 15,000 mile maintance

kemosabe said:

Hmmm... that's strange, then, because I've used them (Criswell) twice already (to get spare keys made) and both times, at the bottom of the invoice were two perforated coupons for future service. I wish I hadn't thrown them away or else I'd scan them in to show you... Rats!!! :3:
I'll see what happens next time I'm there for service. They don't seem to be shy about sending me coupons thru the mail, though!

·
Registered
725 Posts
My 15K Service

My dealer (Ralph Schomp Honda) in Littleton, Colorado charged me $172.00 for the 15K service. I personally think that's a little steep for what is actually "done" in the service, but if it keeps me from having any warranty problems down that road, I can swing that kind of cash every 30 -thousand miles. Besides, I've had nothing but GREAT service at Schomp, so that counts for something.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: My 15K Service

PILOTinginCO said:
My dealer (Ralph Schomp Honda) in Littleton, Colorado charged me $172.00 for the 15K service. I personally think that's a little steep for what is actually "done" in the service, but if it keeps me from having any warranty problems down that road, I can swing that kind of cash every 30 -thousand miles. Besides, I've had nothing but GREAT service at Schomp, so that counts for something.
Ah yes, Ralph Schomp Honda!!! What a blast from the past, PILOTinginCO... Click here for that stroll down memory lane... :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
What is done for 15K service?

Can someone please list what was done for 15K service?
Is this something we DIY?

I know the rear differential fluid needs to be replaced but what else? I think I will do the differential myself.

Please advise

·
Registered
408 Posts
what's included on the 15000 miles maintenance?

·
Registered
725 Posts
From the Honda Website

Here is what's done at the 15k service.

Services to be performed:
Replace engine oil.

Rotate tires (follow pattern on page 311 in your Owner's Manual).

Replace engine oil filter.

Check parking brake adjustment.

Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS).

Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids, and check for leaks.

Inspect exhaust system.*

Inspect fuel lines and connections.*

Inspect cooling system hoses and connections.

Inspect front and rear brakes.

Inspect tie-rod ends, steering gear box and boots.

Inspect suspension components.

Inspect driveshaft boots.
* = See information on maintenance and emissions warranty, last column, page 273 in your owner's manual.

Replace rear differential fluid. (Necessary for proper break-in of the VTM-4 rear differential.)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts