Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 is nearing 124K and the MM should be coming up soon. Can anyone give me a heads up on the supplies I might need for the work that will need to be done, besides the usual oil and filter? The last big things done were new tires at 120K, air and cabin filters at 109K, TB, water pump, coolant, pads, rotors, brake fluid flush, plugs, rear diff oil at 102K, ATF, transfer case oil at 98K. Valve clearance was never done. Anything else I should be expecting? Thx.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Maybe a tire balance and rotation, but with only 4k on them it doesn't seem likely.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
My 09 is nearing 124K and the MM should be coming up soon. Can anyone give me a heads up on the supplies I might need for the work that will need to be done, besides the usual oil and filter? The last big things done were ..., rear diff oil at 102K, ATF, transfer case oil at 98K. Anything else I should be expecting?
It's possible that the rear diff fluid, ATF and transfer case oil may may be due for service again.

Wait for the oil life on the MM to get down to 15% and see what codes appear.
You then have from 15% down to 0% to get whatever other supplies you might need, besides motor oil and a filter.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Here are the 18 recommended items. As you will see, most are inspect and adjust/change as needed.
Service Details
Service due at 125,000 Miles
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeRotate Tires
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeReplace engine oil and filter
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect windshield wiper and washer systems and fluids levels
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect suspension components
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect steering linkage
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect power steering fluid level
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect half shaft dust boots
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect exhaust system
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect engine accessory drive belt
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect coolant recovery reservoir
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect clutch operation
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect brake fluid level
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect automatic/manual transmission fluid
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeInspect air cleaner/element
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeCheck turn signals and hazard warning lights
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeCheck shocks and struts
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeCheck radiator, coolers, heater, and A/C hoses
Inspect/Adjust/ChangeCheck battery, exterior lamps, and horn operation

·
Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at my past records, I should be expecting a B13 code for oil, filter, rotation, ATF and transfer case. I'll order ATF if it does show. I was using 80W-90 gear oil for the transfer case. Should I be using SAE 90 oil instead? I think that's the one Honda recommends for above 0 degrees but that oil seems to be hard to find.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Looking at my past records, I should be expecting a B13 code for oil, filter, rotation, ATF and transfer case. I'll order ATF if it does show. I was using 80W-90 gear oil for the transfer case. Should I be using SAE 90 oil instead? I think that's the one Honda recommends for above 0 degrees but that oil seems to be hard to find.
The owner's manual specifies either 80W-90 or 90W gear oil.
Walmart should have this Valvoline gear oil in stock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts