Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I need to replace rear calipers on my 2011 Pilot EX-L. Since I developed a sort of "shipbuilder's disease" I figured, while at it, I would replace the front ones too, since they are marginal.
Now, I was thinking of putting in new brake hoses while I was at all of that. I'm looking at a $10 Rockauto aftermaket hoses (which I don't believe in) vs. $50 OEM hoses that I was going to put in. However, on my older classic truck I was very happy with installing the braided stainless steel brake lines. There seems to exist a kit by StopTech that in the end costs the same as a set of OEM rubber hoses.
Has anyone ever bothered installing SS brake hoses and if so, did it make a difference on your Pilot (on my truck it's night and day - much more responsive brake pedal than the original rubber ones)? If so, which kit did you use?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,399 Posts
I seem to recall someone on here has done that before and noticed a huge improvement in braking. The brakes on these cars are rather wimpy and many look for ways to beef them up a little bit.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definitely made a massive difference on my other truck. It's also that I can get SS hoses all around for just $50 more for all 4 hoses, than what I would pay for OEM rubber ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts