Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Honda Pilot Ex. Two problems 1st my steering makes a grawing/ rumble sound when I turn the wheel. Doesn’t do it all the time, more than none. Seems like low speeds and when I’m just sitting and Turing wheel back and fourth but not the whole time when I turn the wheel. 2nd my a/c 2 vents in the middle when I select the head. I have to turn off the car and back on and then it blow out the 2 vents. All other vent work. But once you change mode and then back it won’t blow till I turn on and back on making sure it on the head setting

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
When steering, Is it like the sound in these videos?

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
The AC vent problem might be the blend door actuator. It's just strange that you can get it to work sometimes. Have you ever heard a clicking noise, especially on start up?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
I’ve lost track of which Pilots have electric v hydraulic steering, but if it’s the latter, check level and condition of fluid. It should be clear.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
As mentioned check PS fluid level, color as replacement may be overdue especially if its a dark color. Air in the PS system may be source of the noise and there are threads on replacing the two O-rings. These O-rings are probably the least expensive part one can buy from the dealer and the best to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts