Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

11 pilot acoustic windowsheld

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  AcuraOwner 
#1 ·
2011 Honda Pilot ex. I heard the upper models like touring have a better windshield. acoustic glass is that true?

#2 ·
Supposedly (Touring does). Definitely costs a crapton more to replace.
I live where a windshield is a wearing part (need to replace one every 2-3 years due to cracks and/or microabrasion), been a while since I had original glass on it. Last windshield installed is the noisiest in 9 years, but, ah well, it is what it is.

#3 ·
I have an '09 Touring and when I needed to replace the windshield @ Safelite it was a learning experience. Had to confirm that they were putting in an acoustic grade replacement and they had to confirm with insurance company and order the windshield. They were going to put in a regular windshield if I did not stop them initially. Tech told me that it was an expensive windshield hence they did not stock it normally.

#8 ·
WTH is it? Quieter in the SUV? Quieter outside going down the road? What?

How much quieter could it be?

#10 ·
If you roll down the front windows on an Acura MDX or TLX Advance models you will notice a small channel at the top of the glass. That is the sign it is two pieces of glass with polyvinyl (pvb) laminated in between. It is the two front side windows not the rear windows.
I am not sure if Honda Touring models have it as well. The lower Honda trims certainly would not. God knows Honda needs to do something to quiet the noise in a Pilot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.