Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need tpo replace all 4 tires on my 2014 EX-L.After doing some research (here and elsewhere) I am considering the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season Plus 235/60R18 107V

My vehicle info recommends a tire rating of 102T - Which I can't seem to find in the suggested tires. How important is it to stay within the recommended speed and weight rating, as long as it is an upgrade rather then moving down?

According to the charts I've found online;

102T = 1874 pounds - 118 MPH vs. 107V 2,149 pounds - 140 MPH

Will there be a difference in performance or handling? Roadnoise?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I need tpo replace all 4 tires on my 2014 EX-L.After doing some research (here and elsewhere) I am considering the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season Plus 235/60R18 107V

My vehicle info recommends a tire rating of 102T - Which I can't seem to find in the suggested tires. How important is it to stay within the recommended speed and weight rating, as long as it is an upgrade rather then moving down?

According to the charts I've found online;
102T = 1874 pounds - 118 MPH vs. 107V 2,149 pounds - 140 MPH
Consider the '102' load rating and 'T' speed rating as absolute minimums.
As long as either rating for the new tires is at least equal to (or is an "upgrade" from) the 102T rating you'll be fine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
We just replaced our factory Michelins with the Pirelli's you are looking at, I wanted the higher rated tire because this vehicle will be subject to high payloads (lots of people/stuff in the vehicle) and will be used to tow a ~2,000 lb trailer many times each year. I didn't notice any severe degradation in ride quality but I did notice a very nice reduction in noise over the worn Michelins and obviously better wet handling (the Michelins were getting scary to be honest and they weren't on the wear bars yet).

When my Traverse needs new tires I will be looking for the same Pirelli's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts