Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I have had my Pilot less than a month and I am already nearing the 1000 mile mark :( This is my first new new car and I LOVE it and I hate that the odometer keeping ticking! I swear it must be broke cause it just seems to be adding up way too quickly!

I am infactuated with it and I keep wanting to get new toys for it, and I can't seem to keep it clean enough. It seems to be a magnet for bugs.

Last night driving home through "horse country" it literally sounded like it was RAINING BUGS!!!! I just washed it Monday and it is only Thursday and it needs another wash just to remove the damn bugs! Everyone says there are no more bugs than there was with my other car, but I argue I have a larger window surface area and the bugs know that it is new!

Well anyway I just thought I would share my excitement and anxiety. I love it but want it to stay new and low milage forever!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
klowry said:
I can't believe I have had my Pilot less than a month and I am already nearing the 1000 mile mark :( This is my first new new car and I LOVE it and I hate that the odometer keeping ticking! I swear it must be broke cause it just seems to be adding up way too quickly!
-snip-
I know exactly what you mean!! I have driven to work the last several days due to wind and rain (rather than ride the motorcycle) and it's almost depressing to see all the miles all ready on my Pilot. We got it on Jan 23 and as of this morning I have just under 7K miles on it!!! :eek:

Love the Pilot!!!

:18:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Klowry, I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe how the miles are mounting up. When you love driving a car, you instinctively look for any excuse to take it out. On a beautiful April evening the other day, I took the "long way" home from work--an extra 6 miles--just 'cause I was enjoying the Pilot and wasn't ready to stop!

Bugs--they sure as heck can be a problem. But oddly enough--I'm in Maryland, not too far from you--I haven't had too many smash encounters yet.

Could it be something to do with your route through HORSE COUNTRY? :whip:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Less than 3 weeks and over 1100 miles. I know how you feel. I actually heard some stones fly up and I have dings from those!! One on the hood, one on the door. I'm trying not to stress to much.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
my3kids said:
Less than 3 weeks and over 1100 miles. I know how you feel. I actually heard some stones fly up and I have dings from those!! One on the hood, one on the door. I'm trying not to stress to much.
I think we all want to cling to that brand-new feeling. But it's hard to "let go." Yesterday, a large truck heading in the other direction forced me toward the shoulder of a narrow country road. I helplessly listened to branches from low-growing trees and brush
S-C-R-A-P-E across the passenger side of the Pilot. Still haven't had to heart to check out the scratch marks!!! :( :( :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know your pain Pilot brothers and sisters. We have had our Pilot now for 1.5 weeks and we have a little over 500 miles on it!!!!. We commute around 25 miles a day to work, but my wife had to be the driver for a Women's expo and her sister lives on the other side of town. I know I have to let go, wash often and maintain on schedule now and our Pilot will go forward for many years to come, but its new and our baby!

By the way I also discovered that a Whirlpool Duet washer will fit on its side in the Pilot cool beans!:D :4:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I, too, am having the same problem. We bought the dealer's demo model (GORGEOUS Evergreen Pearl EXL w/ wood trim) & we're not prejudiced!). It had 1701 miles on it when we got it 2 weeks ago. I looked at the mileage today and it had over 2300!!! We haven't even gone on any long trips! Just to the kids school, out hiking one day...WHAT HAS HAPPENED? I would have said we had done 150 miles AT THE MOST! Does the odometer lie in a Pilot???? :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts