Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, it doesn't come in 0w20, but if you live where it rarely reaches 32°F like me, 5w20 or even 5w30 works fine in your V6 Honda engine. (I've been Corrected, again 0w20 is available)

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Heard good things about Rotella. IDK, maybe I'd consider changing from Mobil1.

Looks like the 5W30 is dexos 1 gen 2 approved, which I need for the Traverse.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard good things about Rotella. IDK, maybe I'd consider changing from Mobil1.

Looks like the 5W30 is dexos 1 gen 2 approved, which I need for the Traverse.
I'm switching from Mobil 1 because of the Project Farm test.

I already received my 1st shipment. I'll still use the M1-110A filter.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm switching from Mobil 1 because of the Project Farm test.

I already received my 1st shipment. I'll still use the M1-110A filter.
View attachment 136777
That guy is the best. I have made more than one product decision because of him. He posted a 2 stroke oil video last night but it was only 2 brands, need a huge battle of all the readily available stuff.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That guy is the best. I have made more than one product decision because of him. He posted a 2 stroke oil video last night but it was only 2 brands, need a huge battle of all the readily available stuff.
I got to thinking about the big difference in evaporation between the 2 oils. I didn't like the idea of those vapors staying in my engine or being the possible cause for P0420 and P0430 codes.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Checked again, my Local Wal-Mart is not carrying 0w20. It can be ordered and shipped for free with a minimum $40 order (various items).
The Walmart site should show which nearest store stocks that oil.
If not, click on "More delivery & pickup options" and try entering other nearby towns or zip codes to see if it shows a store stocking the 0W-20 oil.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Walmart site should show which nearest store stocks that oil.
If not, click on "More delivery & pickup options" and try entering other nearby towns or zip codes to see if it shows a store stocking the 0W-20 oil.
What was crazy about the order I received, my oil cost less having them ship it than store pick up.
I will use 5w20 in my 24k mile 2017 Pilot. The 0 does me no good in 100°F weather. I'll put 5w30 in my 2012 Crosstours. The 240k mile one could use the extra protection.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,534 Posts
Plus with the $10.00 rebate you can order a pack of Hanes shop rags.

Edit: You may have to order these from a different web site than WallyWorld.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once you have seen it, it's hard to forget the OP's obsession with certain types of shop rags.
I'm not near as obsessed, and I certainly didn't pose. I'm sure if you had wanted to, you could have looked around the internet for a less risque photo of a pack of Hanes briefs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts