Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crawled under my vehicle yesterday to check out some work recently done to my front end, and while I was at it decided to look at the back end too. Noticed about a quarter inch of play in both inner cv joints. Play was both up and down and side to side. Both made audible noises when I was wiggling them. Been hunting down to driveline vibration... guessing this is it. Can someone confirm that a quarter inch of play in an inner cv joint is too much? Also it seemed like the rear diff was moving more that it should when I was shaking the axles. Is it supposed to be rigidly attached to the frame or is there supposed to be some give?

Had it in the shop a week ago and they replaced my right front cv axle because the inner joint was leaking fluid and had already been rebooted once. I have a feeling they didn't even look at the rears. In addition I found a set of pliers clamped to my coolant hose that was banging up against the radiator fan when it was running! It was like this for my entire 1,000mi road trip right after the service... So much for thinking they were a good shop. I located a new shop I want to try, but I think I might be able to get a nice discount on getting the rear axles replaced at the old shop if I politely return the pliers and explain where I found them... any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the pliers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m having the same issue but my boots are in good shape but the clunking is when I’m on a rough road everything is tight besides the axles where they seat in the rear differential. Did you track your issue down?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts