Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lurking in fatwallet and found THIS link. The direct link for the deal can be found HERE.

This is for Shell in the Bay area, most specific today only at 261 Bailey Road in Pittsburg between 11AM and 1PM. Good luck to all that can get in on this deal!

·
Registered
496 Posts
FLPilot said:
I was lurking in fatwallet and found
Thanks for the heads-up! Too bad I live on the other side of Mt. Diablo :rolleyes:

kad

ps - don't be fooled - Mt. Diablo is more like "big hill" diablo - it's only 3849 feet)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
my guess...there would be a real real long line...I have seen that when a gas station has a deal like this;)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ramirami said:
my guess...there would be a real real long line...I have seen that when a gas station has a deal like this;)
Yeah I agree, when I here of a deal like this, I actually go the other way.

So has anyone been able to verify this deal?

·
Registered
608 Posts
$1.01 is not cheap enough! try $0.94!

hrm...seems like the two big clear channel stations here are doing this: STAR 101.3 and WILD 94.9

every wednesday a different shell station in the SFBA will be selling regular unleaded for $0.94 cents a gallon. :eek: :D .
you gotta listen to 94.9 FM on wednesdays to find out what station it is though...and most of you adults here probably wont like the music... :p
im waiting until they pick a station in my local area.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

kadiir said:
Thanks for the heads-up! Too bad I live on the other side of Mt. Diablo :rolleyes:
kad

ps - don't be fooled - Mt. Diablo is more like "big hill" diablo - it's only 3849 feet)
Nothing like $1.01 around the greater DC area.....but if there were, the lines would be comparable to the backup at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge trying to get to Ocean City on July 4th weekend.

P.S. If Mt. Diablo is a "big hill," what does that make Sugarloaf Mtn. (not far from kemotown/Damascus) at 1282 feet?

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
FLPilot,

You almost gave me a heart attack with gas at $1.01. :eek: Then I realized that it was a different Bay Area than the San Francisco one.

- shutrbug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

Ziploc said:
Nothing like $1.01 around the greater DC area.....but if there were, the lines would be comparable to the backup at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge trying to get to Ocean City on July 4th weekend.

P.S. If Mt. Diablo is a "big hill," what does that make Sugarloaf Mtn. (not far from kemotown/Damascus) at 1282 feet?
That would be that there large lump seen from the rooftop of the house here in Philville

P.P.S. Under $1.40 down in St. Mary's on Friday. That's about the best I've seen here "near" D.C.

·
Registered
608 Posts
shutrbug said:
FLPilot,

You almost gave me a heart attack with gas at $1.01. :eek: Then I realized that it was a different Bay Area than the San Francisco one.

- shutrbug
nope, its our bay area. star 101.3 is a sf bay area station. pittsburg is somewhere in the east bay. concord/antioch area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
nope, its our bay area. star 101.3 is a sf bay area station. pittsburg is somewhere in the east bay. concord/antioch area.
jeez, you're right. I've got to read the posts more carefully. I've had my alarm clock set to 101.3 to listen to Don Bleu since the mid 80's, back when they were KYUU. And I can't help but see the Wild 94.9 bumper stickers all over the place. Remember the scandal at the latter station when only young Hispanic females won their contests? Talk about targeted demographics.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Ziploc said:
Okay, maybe "really big hill" :D It does get snow sometimes, so maybe "mini-mountain."

kad

·
Registered
496 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
concord/antioch area.
Right between the two, yes :)

At least you guys had heard of it (being from SJ) - I knew someone in SF that only lived in either SF, Sac, or SoCal - she never went to the east bay except as I-80 took her. She basically wasn't aware of anything east of the bay!

kad

·
Registered
496 Posts
shutrbug said:
I've had my alarm clock set to 101.3 to listen to Don Bleu since the mid 80's, back when they were KYUU.
Hmm, I thought it was KIOI (as in K-101, US Hwy 101 that runs through SF)? :confused:

Remember the scandal at the latter station when only young Hispanic females won their contests? Talk about targeted demographics.
Heh, I missed that one - never really liked 94.9. Did that have anything to do with them changing to 107.7? Just curious.

kad

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Ziploc said:

Perhaps I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill....:p :runaway:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

Ziploc said:
Perhaps I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill....:p :runaway:
Ha! Good one - that's something I would have expected from kemosabe :D

kad

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

kadiir said:
Ha! Good one - that's something I would have expected from kemosabe :D

kad
Mountain out of a molehill? :8:

Nah, I wouldn't have said that... :headshak:

...I would've made my point using pictures of Britney Spears instead!!! :eek: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

kemosabe said:

...I would've made my point using pictures of Britney Spears instead!!! :eek: :D
She's just a growing woman.....now leave her alone. Can you tell I love Mt. Spears :10:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So did anyone get in on this deal?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

kemosabe said:

Heh, I saw the Mt. Spears (& her "summits") televised concert, but couldn't enjoy it - I was surrounded by my wife & her family! :2:

kad

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $1.01 per gallon gas in Bay Area!!!

kadiir said:
Heh, I saw the Mt. Spears (& her "summits") televised concert, but couldn't enjoy it - I was surrounded by my wife & her family! :2:

kad
Thats kinda like having the Victoria Secrets show on and having your wife and family there with you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts