Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the mice chewing through wires issue and have repaired the knock sensor and EGR valve wires. It will crank but won't start. Spray a little B12 in throttle body and fires up. All the fuses are good, but I'm assuming I'm not getting fuel. What's the best way to test the fuel pump?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,859 Posts
I’m guessing you’ve already turned the ignition key to the second position then listened for the whir of the fuel pump. Check the fuse again if you don’t hear the whir.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Also fuel injector wiring is near the knock sensor. Was your rodent extra hungry for that soy based wire insulation?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,515 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Sorry to hear that you are having critter issues. I suspect that road2cycle is on the right track. There are a lot of tasty wires all in very close proximity to one another that a rodent would chew on. Good luck with tracking down this problem.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welp, turns out that I found more chewed wires going to the fuel pump. All four were chewed through. After after finally finding them and soldering all of them back together, it appears that fixed the issue. But now it's leaking gas. The mice chewed through the dang plastic fuel line! Can't imagine what the dealer would have charged for all of this. Probably 2k in man hours alone. Thanks fellas, for the responses.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,515 Posts
When you go to get a cat, get one from a local rescue. The rescue will be happy and your pilot will be happy, The only one(s) that won't be happy will be the rodents. 😀

Glad you have the issue fixed.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Glad to hear you got it resolved. Rodents are nice and cute until they mess with your stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts