Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have an 09 Lx, im looking to upgrade the stock speakers, just curious what recommendations anyone has for upgrading without changing the HU or adding a Sub/Amp. Just looking for plug and play ideas that will improve the sound quality, possibly increase the amount of kick on bass hits(not looking for a system that shakes houses, just more of a kick than the stock speakers have)

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Hi, i have an 09 Lx, im looking to upgrade the stock speakers, just curious what recommendations anyone has for upgrading without changing the HU or adding a Sub/Amp. Just looking for plug and play ideas that will improve the sound quality, possibly increase the amount of kick on bass hits(not looking for a system that shakes houses, just more of a kick than the stock speakers have)

·
Registered
12 Posts
To my ear, the cleanest and most precise speakers with the best bass response for low bux would be:
A. Kenwood eXcelon series
B. Infinity Primus series
C. Klipsch
D. Rockford Fosgate
E. JBL

In that order. Truly hate distortion.

I've spent stupid tons of money on expensive Bang & Olafsen Redline speakers in the past,
and they are spectacular, but not $1200 more spectacular...for most people, including a
fair amount of Audiophiles, Kenwood & Infinity have offerings that do the job quite well,
and don't break the bank. 4-6.5's in the front & rear door panels, and a moderate woofer
upgrade in the rear, is really all you need with a Pilot...an Amp wouldn't hurt, but it's
not a requirement, as the stock Touring head unit pumps a decent amount of decibels
without giving hearing issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts