Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I parked at the doctors office for my wife's appointment, door worked as normal. When we were done it was raining so I went to get the car and when she attempted to get in the door wouldn't open. Fast forward to yesterday where I managed to get the interior panel far enough off that I could use my hole saw to expose the lock mechanism, which seemed to move freely but still wouldn't allow the door to open. Finally had to break the actuator off of the door to open it.
Installed the new actuator and lo and behold it's doing the same thing! The lock tab moves freely from lock to unlock. All of the handle pull tabs move. But the door wont budge. I tried it with power going to it and without, no difference.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the plastic cable retainers behind interior door opening lever. Make sure there inserted properly into metal slot.

Let the top of the panel heat up in the sun. Put the window down. I used a 3" wide pry bar and gently lifted door panel off metal lip. Work your way across the whole panel. Pretty easy. Pry bar is inserted in slot where window slides down into. I was then able to access cables and realized the plastic retainer had come out of metal slot. Most likely because I had door panel off hanging on the cables.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts