Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's just me, but I like the looks of the dual tips of the 09 and up Pilots. Was wondering if the newer exhaust would fit on the 08. I can weld in an exhaust hangar for that side, so no issue there. Does anyone know if it fits, or has anyone tried it? This is something that will wait until a newer one comes into the junkyard because I'm not buying a new exhaust as a trial fit. I don't mind throwing $50 or so into an experiment, but not going with $200.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I know it's just me, but I like the looks of the dual tips of the 09 and up Pilots. Was wondering if the newer exhaust would fit on the 08. I can weld in an exhaust hangar for that side, so no issue there. Does anyone know if it fits, or has anyone tried it? This is something that will wait until a newer one comes into the junkyard because I'm not buying a new exhaust as a trial fit. I don't mind throwing $50 or so into an experiment, but not going with $200.
If you can weld, anything is possible.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can weld, anything is possible.
This is true. I was thinking of getting the cat back, since the resonator splits into two outlets. Looking at the two parts diagrams from Walker, every bit of the exhaust is different. This could be a good challenge. But, I have to find a cheap exhaust first.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
This is true. I was thinking of getting the cat back, since the resonator splits into two outlets. Looking at the two parts diagrams from Walker, every bit of the exhaust is different. This could be a good challenge. But, I have to find a cheap exhaust first.
Finding used exhaust in a salvage yard shouldn't be to difficult. No idea what they would charge. Sticks of exhaust pipe isn't to expensive. Welding rusty pipe isn't to fun. 😖

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I was thinking of getting the cat back, since the resonator splits into two outlets. Looking at the two parts diagrams from Walker, every bit of the exhaust is different. This could be a good challenge. But, I have to find a cheap exhaust first.
For $50 I bought the MDX splitter pipe from the resonator back. I have not installed it yet but you said you wanted "cheap" (hate the word).

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
By cheap, I mean used at a junkyard vice new from a dealer.
Back in the day I used to go to junkyards and find stuff but that was then. IME the exhaust systems on older vehicles might be too messy or rusty or dangerous to deal with at the junkyard but then again you might find one.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here in Virginia, the exhaust systems don't really rust out. My 08 is fine, no rust on it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I know it's just me, but I like the looks of the dual tips of the 09 and up Pilots. Was wondering if the newer exhaust would fit on the 08. I can weld in an exhaust hangar for that side, so no issue there. Does anyone know if it fits, or has anyone tried it?
Not mine

E167AA8A-7689-4D4F-8665-C9A54E9EBC6F.jpeg

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't call that exhaust rusted. My New York Subaru had a rusted exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts