Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Honda Pilot started making a slight noise through the air vents around the beginning of the year. Nothing loud or concerning. I just thought it was the sound of the fan. In July my AC quit working. The air was mildly cool at best. I used a recharge can which wore off after a few hours. I didn't think to try the heat. Just assumed I had a leak and would fix it as I had more funds. Now the colder months have come and I notice when I turn the heat on it makes the same noise and does not heat up. If I turn the defroster on a warm temp the whole car will heat up just fine, so the defroster is getting hot enough. I'm just not the most savvy and want to know if anyone knows what the issue might be. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention I took it to a shop when I thought it was just the ac. They ran the dye/freeon through the system and the ac actually worked for almost a week and was cold as it normally is.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Look behind/under the front center dash for an air mix motor and flap. While someone changes the vent setting see if you can isolate where the noise is coming from. It could be the air mix motor or gear set going bad, the link between the motor and door getting jammed, or the flap hitting the vent ducts which doesn’t allow it to get to the right position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts