Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2008 pilot with about 161k miles. I noticed this morning after driving my car for about 20mins with the heat on I stopped at the store at went back to my car after about half hour and noticed a puddle of water under my car... To my knowledge it had to be water draining from ac but I didn’t have the ac running. I then turned my engine on with heat on and looked under my hood and noticed my ac clutch was spinning when it shouldn’t. Why would be causing my ac clutch being on/running/engaged when I have the heat on?

thanks!

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2008 pilot with about 161k miles. I noticed this morning after driving my car for about 20mins with the heat on I stopped at the store at went back to my car after about half hour and noticed a puddle of water under my car... To my knowledge it had to be water draining from ac but I didn’t have the ac running. I then turned my engine on with heat on and looked under my hood and noticed my ac clutch was spinning when it shouldn’t. Why would be causing my ac clutch being on/running/engaged when I have the heat on?

thanks!
If you have your AC button turned on, the compressor will run. I leave my AC button on even in the cooler temps. It keeps the humidity out if the cabin and defogs the windshield. As in your case, water condensation dripping from under the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
My ac button is off. Ac clutch should not be running if I have the ac off.
Is the compressor cycling on and off or just on all the time?
It's likely cycling on and off as designed, to moderate the temperature setting you have selected. Also if you have the defrost on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the defrost and feet selected. And the temp knob is turned all the way to the hottest setting.

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
I have the defrost and feet selected. And the temp knob is turned all the way to the hottest setting.
Turn the defrost off. The compressor may go off then.

·
Registered
312 Posts
AC compressor will run in defrost whether the AC button is on or not. Cuts down on humidity in the car but the main reason it is setup that way is to keep the oil circulated through the system during the cooler seasons. Been that way for years. Even my old 86 GMC cycles the compressor when in defrost.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,258 Posts
Right, A/C runs when defrost is selected, as it reduces humidity. The good news is your system is running as designed and there's nothing wrong with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts