Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

Registered
I know you are anxiously waiting, but it's not going to happen soon. First, I'm on travel in CA. Second, this is nowhere as easy as I thought it was going to be. The piece I'm trying to separate is what the trans gets assembled on. So, if I try to pry it apart, there is a good possibility I will mess something up. But, now that I have pried it apart a little, the gasket is trash, and the only way to replace that is to rebuild the whole transmission. So I ended up getting a transmission from the same place I got the motor from. Well, i should say I ordered it from, I should be able to pick it up Friday the 20th and start the timing belt/water pump replacement. I should have just left it.
Sorry about that. Didn't know that it was internal internal. 馃槓

Registered
2008 Pilot SE
Discussion Starter #82
Don't be sorry. This is how I learn things. Getting in and doing. Had I just asked my transmission guy, I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I'll consider it a $700 lesson in Pilot Transmissions. I will tear this one apart, just to take a look. All is not lost. Perhaps I can share some pics of it coming apart so we can check the wear on the clutches, etc.

Registered
2008 Pilot SE
Discussion Starter #83
Replaced the trans mounts. Motor and trans will be here Monday. Hopefully the cold front will pass through quickly so I can get them installed.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts