Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally upgraded our family vehicle as I found an 08 pilot exl some side damage but just cosmetic with no leaks.

Currently I've installed:
New spark plugs
New air intake and filter (just oem for now)
Installed led high and low beam
New tires
Had to install a new head unit because the one that was in it only had 2 functions (aux and bt)
Got an 11ft awning for the rear hatch for more shade for camping and fishing. (Once I set it up I'll take photos)

Plans for the future.
New rims and use the old rims for snow tires. Get a full size spare as well.
Need advice on an aftermarket air intake and stage 1 tuner. Looking for the best mileage I can get.
Bull bar with a light bar

It's awesome my 2 boys are also in love with our new pilot. We go out and have lunch and wash it every couple weeks. When I drive it through a kansas storm it drives like a tank, no issues. Will upload photos as upgrades happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention I wanted to replace the damaged door at some point but, it functions fine and is hard to notice so no rush

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Welcome @Drekman ...nice solid Pilot to build your way. Looking forward to what you decide in performance intake as the stock intake has plenty of noise/flow restriction passages.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
everyones gonna ask..
Is/was the Timing Belt done ( at 105 k) ?
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he'll get to it. But look. Oooh, he's already got the finely sculpted AVS Bugflector II. It is a find.

Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Nice find. Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you ask about which engine oil or tranny fluid you should use.🤪

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I think that covers all the usual topics, right?
How could you? You forgot to mention VTM-4 fluid. :oops:

(Unless he's in the south where they don't need them so much, let's just assume any Pilot worth getting is an AWD. Otherwise, if he's got a front wheel drive model, he has bigger problems cough-VCM-cough.)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Isn't the throttle plate the main restriction - unless you're at WOT?
Just open to ideas to improve upon the OEM air intake tube rather than replacing them if cracked from age. The answer is likely to be found in Accord 3.5 V6 forums in the quest for improved air flow intake mods along with throttle plate changes. If it improves the throttle response and mpg with a little intake noise I'd be interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How could you? You forgot to mention VTM-4 fluid. :oops:

(Unless he's in the south where they don't need them so much, let's just assume any Pilot worth getting is an AWD. Otherwise, if he's got a front wheel drive model, he has bigger problems cough-VCM-cough.)

It is indeed the vtm4 4wd model

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just open to ideas to improve upon the OEM air intake tube rather than replacing them if cracked from age. The answer is likely to be found in Accord 3.5 V6 forums in the quest for improved air flow intake mods along with throttle plate changes. If it improves the throttle response and mpg with a little intake noise I'd be interested.
Definitely going to do some research thanks👍

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Just bought an 08 EX-L with 162k today.. very clean, maybe we help each other get better acquainted with these awesome rides. Look forward to (y)our progress.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Just bought an 08 EX-L with 162k today.. very clean, maybe we help each other get better acquainted with these awesome rides. Look forward to (y)our progress.
Hop on and welcome. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Drekman and FormerFordGuy, Happy Motoring and upgrading/fixing/tightening/polishing!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts