Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an 07 pilot from a buddy that doesnt run. Cranks but doesn't turn. No CEL I can find seems like it's got timing, compression and fuel. I have no idea with hondas so in flying blind

·
Registered
5,507 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
So yeah noticed I have a green key flashing on the dash, and the key itself is busted in half missing the chip in the key ( knew the key was taped up but didnt think about the chip)
Thought you said you displayed No cell ..flashing key is a cel :p .... glad you found the issue ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So yeah noticed I have a green key flashing on the dash, and the key itself is busted in half missing the chip in the key ( knew the key was taped up but didnt think about the chip)
Thought you said you displayed No cell ..flashing key is a cel ? .... glad you found the issue ..
I guess the only question is do I need to tow it to Honda to get a new key and have it reprogrammed or can I do it at home?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I guess the only question is do I need to tow it to Honda to get a new key and have it reprogrammed or can I do it at home?
The Pilot originally came with three keys, two with built-in remotes and a gray 'valet' key without the remote entry function.
Where are the other two keys?
It should also have come with a key number tag that you could take to the dealer to get extra/replacement keys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Pilot originally came with three keys, two with built-in remotes and a gray 'valet' key without the remote entry function.
Where are the other two keys?
It should also have come with a key number tag that you could take to the dealer to get extra/replacement keys.
The guy who gave it to me only has the one

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
How did he start it up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I beleive he parked it over the weekend and the battery died. He only used it to go to work.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
So before the battery died how did your buddy start it up without the chip in the key fob?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts