Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago my vsa went off along with the triangle !. I took it to get the codes. Come to find out i have 3 misfires in cylinders 3,5,6 and 83-1(ecm and pcm ) and 84-1 (sensor logic malfuncfion). Last year we had the same misfires and got new coils. I think maybe they went bad after a year because last year every cylinder was going off now its just the 3. Were going to try new coils and spark plug. But I am woundering if electrial or batter could also be affecring these codes. 2007 honda pilot and we have never bought a new battery. We have replaced the transmission, altinator, ignition and sterring rack and pin before these codes came up. Anyone have any other ideas to what could be the problem? I have always worked on my cars since O was 18 with no problems. I would prefer to stay away from shops. I have to make a 600 mile drive with my kids because of watee line break and I cant be in the home while they fix things for 4 weeks.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
An 07, I'm assuming that it's high milage.
I always start with the basics.
Is the air filter clean.
Inspect air intake tube for cracks, cracks can be hidden underneath, clamps are tight.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
13 yr old battery? I’d try that too. Also, how many miles since valve adjustment?
Surely the battery was replaced at least twice in that time period. 😳 But yes to that if its 3-5 years old. Most parts stores will check it for free.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
2007 honda pilot and we have never bought a new battery.
Get a new battery before you dig deeper. Failing battery can lead to a cascade of electrical gremlins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts