Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
What engines can fit in a 07 pilot that would be faster?
For a trouble free engine swap for daily use, I'd never attempt to put a different engine in this vehicle other than what is was designed for. My advice is not to ponder the idea of another.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
A 409 would be faster, but it's going to take a lot of modifications and skill plus a much stronger transmission and drive train. Otherwise, I'd stick with the OEM model engine for your pilot.
🤔 I just don't think a 409 is going to fit sideways in a Pilot. Lol

Reactions: Bigbearsfan

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Don't waste your time with a piddling, bush league Pilot. What you really want is to go full nitro-burning funny car. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I saw a crate with the core of an old GE T-700 jet engine sitting on a loading dock once. They were the original power for Apache helicopters. One of those would easily fit in the back of a Pilot if you took the second row seats out.

Please post pics!

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
I would say swap in a new 2.0L turbo out of the new accord
Hmmm, I guess it work for a few thousand miles. Just have a back up sitting in the garage waiting for when you need a new one. he he

·
Registered
9,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I used nitro and klotz oil in our RC Formula One airplane racing engines. Bought both by the 55 gal drum. Upped the HP/cubic inch to phenomenal levels. We had natural 200mph turbo charging air scoops. You could hear the engine unload by over 10krpm.

Plane used to win the National Championships. Clocked at 247.45 mph. This is when I used to be a lot smaller.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
204 Posts
of topic but that airplane is sick!
I used to have a nitro r/c off-road car rear wheel drive and it was so fast I accidentally drove it into a mailbox post completely breaking the plastic A-arm assemblies

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
of topic but that airplane is sick!
I used to have a nitro r/c off-road car rear wheel drive and it was so fast I accidentally drove it into a mailbox post completely breaking the plastic A-arm assemblies
When these planes crash at over 200 mph, the pieces are so small, they're hardly worth getting. Although a good engine was worth saving.
At 50 g's there's over 300 lbs trying to break the wing.
Speaking of swapping engines, we'd change engines several times a day, saving the best engines for the hardest heats.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
When these planes crash at over 200 mph, the pieces are so small, they're hardly worth getting.
At 50 g's there's over 300 lbs trying to break the wing.
Hate the sound!

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
And they keep their woman in a cage.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts