Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda Pilot lx with 138xxx.
About a month ago all the lights flashed on(check engine, vsa etc.) and I would loose power(limp mode) the problem started as intermittent then progressively got worse. The code I got was for the APP. I just replaced that 5 days ago and I thought that fixed it. Ive had no check engine light since. Then driving the car yesterday my gas pedal got stuck and started accelerating on its own. Scared the crap out of me. when I got home my floor mat was kinda jammed under the pedal so I figured it was that. Then today driving with my 5yr old, the car does it another 3 times. How is this not a recall? It’s so dangerous. The way I got it unstuck was slamming the gas pedal and it un wedged it. The one time I had a car in front of me so I threw it in neutral. Anyone have any idea what to do next.

I thought maybe the throttle body was dirty and sticking, it’s not it looks clean. Could it be another sensor that works with the app?
I’m not a mechanic I only know so much and now I’m lost because I don’t have any codes when I scan it.

Please any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
07 is drive by wire. All computer controlled. Was cruise set? Have you checked your vin for any undone recalls?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a defective acceleration pedal sensor. Waiting for the genuine instead of oe Dorman I purchased

1 - 3 of 3 Posts