Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

07 cargo capacity

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  YukonBrawler 
#1 ·
I have to drive and pick up a glider chair and I don't want to pull the landscaping trailer.

The dimensions of the chair are listed at 33"x33"x31". I called to confirm the dimensions and they said yep that's what they have too, maybe allow an extra inch all around for packaging (I could always remove that too).

That should fit pretty easily into the trunk area with the seats folded down, right?

#2 ·
Courtesy member @The Todd, who enjoys measuring things in his spare time. :p

OK, I measured the rear opening of my Gen 1, and Gen 2 Pilots yesterday when they were side by side in my garage.

The opening is about exactly the same on both!
The width at the bottom max is just under 49", maybe 48.5"
The diagonal was in the 50's somewhere, I forgot exactly.
I didn't put the 2nd row down to measure the length though.
And a couple of other members have actually measured and posted their length (but not @The Todd). :p

#4 ·
It fit even with the backseat up! Plenty of space all around, sorry for the question I didn't have the vehicle with me to measure and see and pulling a 12' steel trailer 100 miles with gas at about $4.25/gal... I'll take whatever mpg savings I can get. I filled up and it cost me $82, bleh.

Thanks for the responses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.