Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've had a AC leak last year that I didn't diagnose before the winter and left it be. I have refilled the system with UV dye and crawled up and under the car. The hose going into the evaporator and into the condenser seems fine (Evaporator and L inlet picture). The dye shows up on the compressor discharge hose:

as seen as the remaining pictures.
At first I thought it was the discharge hose but it seems like the accumulation/drip isn't coming from the hose-metal crimp but somewhere above. The picture of the compressor doesn't seem to show like it is leaking itself and with the amount of UV leaking out I figure it would be more obvious where it's coming from.
I'm an engineer and up to the task of compressor/hose replacement however if I can't confirm the leak, I can't fix anything...
My question is if there is a certain seal on the compressor to check to see if it's a compressor failure or where the leak may be given the patterns of spray/dripping.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mech. Engineer here as well. I had a very fast refrigerant leak (fully charged system down to 0 pressure in 3 days) and I refilled it with a whole can of UV dyed refrigerant, and the whole thing leaked out. So somewhere in my system is a massive UV stain, and I still didn't find it. It's somewhere between the dash and the firewall. I've decided that even if I did rip the dash apart and spend a few days finding the leak and ordering the part, I'd still have to go through the whole process of vacuum pumping the system. And for an engineer's level of pay, that's an expensive amount of time to spend, and my wife would have a dismantled car with three kids for several days and no AC.

Basically, I decided to take it into the dealer.

What did you end up doing? It's been a few weeks so I figured you had it resolved by now.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts