Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 AWD Pilot, the motor is bad. And my question is can I buy a used 06 front will drive motor, and bolt to my AWD transmission?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 06 AWD Pilot, the motor is bad. And my question is can I buy a used 06 front will drive motor, and bolt to my AWD transmission?
the guy That I’m buying the motor from told me this.
“Well your transfer case that’s in your truck should bolt right up too this transmission”

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
the guy That I’m buying the motor from told me this.
“Well your transfer case that’s in your truck should bolt right up too this transmission”
No,
You dont want that 2wd motor that is equipped with VCM technology.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Are you sure your engine is bad?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Sounds like you’ve already made your decision, it doesn’t sound like a great idea.. if you need to ask then the answer is already no.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,407 Posts
This question comes up constantly. I used to be confused but honestly it’s extremely simple. If you have to swap your engine and want to guarantee no problems or additional modification needed, get the exact same engine from the exact same Pilot. Maybe there are some exceptions to that, but again if you want to be 100% sure, just stick with an exact swap.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I dont think you understand. Your ECU can not support the engine. It will be a very painful mistake learned the hard way.
If you install the 2wd ECU, it is not compatable with your vehicles AWD. Big can of worms.

Reactions: road2cycle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts