Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m kind of a Honda and forum newbie here but know my way around a car. So I apologize up front I’m im not posting in the right place or if this has already been covered! So my problem lies within the transmission here, it started out as the torque converter not locking which I read COULD simply be dirty fluid. Before I got the new fluid in, it ended up stalling completely on me one day. Now it’s doing the famous “gets to temp and finds false neutral” so I changed the fluid and thought it’d be a good idea to replace the filter just to try a few things before I throw in the towel and call it a bad transmission/torque converter but I cannot find this filter anywhere and seem to get a lot of mixed results as to if the filter is even serviceable on a 2006. Any help confirming if it’s serviceable or not and/or where it’s located would be greatly appreciated. It is a awd car too if that makes any difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is no serviceable filter on a 2006. To get to it, you essentially have to remove the transmission and do a complete teardown.

- Mark

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,259 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts