Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once warmed up she's fine runs smooth as ice .. tried pulling any stored codes..nothing is tripped for sensors

** This is the other 06 Pilot that I have so now I have BOTH 06's [email protected]@ked up

·
Registered
2006 EX-L RES 2WD
58 Posts
If its idling fine I can't see it being a fuel related problem. Have you tried all gears?

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Once warmed up she's fine runs smooth as ice .. tried pulling any stored codes..nothing is tripped for sensors

** This is the other 06 Pilot that I have so now I have BOTH 06's [email protected]@ked up
Sometimes it can be as simple as cleaning a dirty MAF.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brand new maf sensor I swapped it out with an oem due to high mileage reasons egr valve, plugs , air filter , I just swapped out the pcv valve. No codes whatsoever

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Brand new maf sensor I swapped it out with an oem due to high mileage reasons egr valve, plugs , air filter , I just swapped out the pcv valve. No codes whatsoever
Ok. Have you ever replaced the Spool Gasket filter? The VVT could be messing with your timing until everything gets warmed up. I just replaced the whole assemblies at 200k miles on my Crosstour. Huge improvement in engine performance.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know that's a job on the Pilot i need to have more evidence to point to that particular part. Not really in the mood to tear half the engine apart to replace an item that may not even need to be replaced . This could also be an o2 sensor going bad .

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Don't know that's a job on the Pilot i need to have more evidence to point to that particular part. Not really in the mood to tear half the engine apart to replace an item that may not even need to be replaced . This could also be an o2 sensor going bad .
If your talking about changing your spool gasket..., I see it a cheap maintainace. It's a gasket that usually fails in a dramatic fashion on old high milage v6's anyway. Think of it as staying ahead of a disaster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts