Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i'm not allowed to dump this thing until it's 1 million miles or dies ..it's the boss's ride. exhaust is finally rusting out from the cats all to the end..258k later...

Any suggestions ? I would like to make the sound a little more deeper when you step on the gas.. then I would put a V8 in it .. :)

thoughts ?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I replaced my entire exhaust system for a 2004 Pilot with an exhaust kit from Rock Auto. Starts with the front pipe to the tail pipe. Odds are you won't be able to DIY salvage the rusty CAT but replacement makes the job much easier. Like a heavy smoker with clogged lungs the Pilot will appreciate the new CAT. Be ready for some new O2 sensors as the old ones are probably mated for life to the exhaust. It probably won't last as long as the OEM but its relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Call ARK or RV6 and get them to send you a J series muffler... have a local reputable muffler shop put a resonator in place of the rear cat and bend you up a new exhaust using the muffler you provide. Those ones sound glorious on a J series and shouldn't drone like most other brands will. I'd also consider a Borla if you contact them and have them advise what to use, their stuff is pretty good at not droning when appropriately sized as well.

Also, this is a great opportunity to go for a Bosozoku exhaust...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,266 Posts
This....

If it works on a motorcycle it should work on your Honda. Besides you can mix and match flavors for new combinations to fit the wires tastes.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,266 Posts
What flavor Pringles is that ?

Just want to make sure to get the right one, there are so many flavors...

Well it depends, you should examine the different flavors and pick the one that suits you.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
If you live in NY, depending upon local legislation, should be able to use cheap cats to get through smog. Since you want the vehicle to last another 750k miles or so, and your factory exhaust only lasted 250k, would advise investing into something stainless steel. Best bet is to have something custom bent up, with your choice of resonators/mufflers from a reputable company like Magnaflow or Dynomax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts