Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on here, so be gentle, lol. A self taught (very) amateur mechanic here.
Had a battery issue today, popped hood to find a hanging serp belt and a loose alternator. Top bolt was gone, and when i went to tighten bottom bolt it would not grab. So i pulled alternator out of the way to see that the bottom mount bracket is cracked in half. I have seen tons of posts and videos about the top bracket cracking and how to replace( that one appears to be simple.) but the bottom one has me a bit stumped. I had to replace the alternator and serpentine pully a few months back (as the tensioner bolt was sheard off as well).

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to squeeze a little bit more of this vehicle,.

I added a quick half @$$ drawing of what happened, the red part is just cracked off and gone.

Thanks in advance to anyone

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
First post on here, so be gentle, lol. A self taught (very) amateur mechanic here.
Had a battery issue today, popped hood to find a hanging serp belt and a loose alternator. Top bolt was gone, and when i went to tighten bottom bolt it would not grab. So i pulled alternator out of the way to see that the bottom mount bracket is cracked in half. I have seen tons of posts and videos about the top bracket cracking and how to replace( that one appears to be simple.) but the bottom one has me a bit stumped. I had to replace the alternator and serpentine pully a few months back (as the tensioner bolt was sheard off as well).

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to squeeze a little bit more of this vehicle,.

I added a quick half @$$ drawing of what happened, the red part is just cracked off and gone.

Thanks in advance to anyone View attachment 139711
I'd check at salvage yard for replacement parts or buy a new from Honda. The latter is the easiest.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

Thanks in advance to anyone View attachment 139711
No worries once we know you it's free game :p

What Nail Grease stated is pretty much the hit on the nail for this one... welcome to the forums bTW

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

I see you already have some good advise already to resolve you issue. Good luck with it and keep us informed on how the resolution works out.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

1 - 4 of 4 Posts