Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The correct part num for the passenger side actuator is 79160-SOX-AO1. Pretty expensive new. Below is a cut and paste from a post here a couple years ago and I'm wondering if anyone else had subbed this part number successfully. Or was this guy a troll?

Hello, thanks for the great post. Turns out I have two ’04 EX Pilots and thanks to this post, I successfully cleaned and fixed the air mix motor on one of my rigs. The mix motor recently failed on my other rig and I tried to repair it and for whatever reason, it didn’t work. I didn’t want to spend $275+ on a new mix motor (part # 79160-S0X-A01), and I was skeptical of buying a used one on eBay. I took a risk and bought part # 79160-SNE-A01 for $58 on Amazon as it looked like the same exact motor assembly, but it came with a different bracket/mechanism attached. Amazon delivered it the next day and sure enough, the motor assembly was an exact match. I popped off the white plastic assembly from the new one and unscrewed the metal plate, and swapped in the white assembly & rod from the broken part that I pulled from the Pilot. Installed it without issue and works perfectly. $58 didn’t seem like a bad price to pay considering the alternative.
<<

I was actually wondering about this same scenario before I ran across this post. There were no additional responses to the post, but it would sure be nice if this works as I'd rather have a new one. Could have slightly different temp curves etc... IDK

Any ideas?
Bill

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not sure about the 06 but on my 04 mode actuator I bought a 15 dollar actuator for a Cadillac. I used the motor and gears into the 04 to fix a non working motor. The main gear can't be swapped because the electrical traces on the bottom of the gears are different. I saw a YouTube video called cheap fix for a/c and heater door mode actuator.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The post you quoted didn’t sound like someone trolling the forum.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L
4 Posts
How did this turn out for you, Slofut? I’m thinking of doing something similar. For $30 Autozone sells the Dorman a/c Heater Blend Door Actuator 604-935. It’s for Honda Accords. I can’t believe the difference in price!! Maybe I’ll have to swap out the external white lever that attaches to the metal arm?

·
Registered
71 Posts
it sure does look similar. I was looking for a part for my apathy in the junkyard and low and behold there sat an 07 pilot and it still had the mix motor in it. Took the chance and it worked great. Should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
410 Posts
I bought a generic one on Amazon for around $30. Just be sure to read the reviews because some of them are lower quality than others.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L
4 Posts
I installed the Accord Air Door Actuator by Dorman (Dorman a/c heater blend door actuator 604-935) in my 2004 Pilot. Bought it for $32 at Autozone! I removed the external white plastic lever from the box on the old actuator and put it on the new one. I don’t know if the internal parts are the same, but the external box looks exactly like the Pilot one now. I drove it around for 5 minutes and it works! I’ll update if anything changes, but so far so good. I really appreciate all who have come before me that gave me the courage to pull it out and do the work myself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts