Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced there 06 j35 vcm motor with a non vcm motor? If so what all did you do. I get you would need the motor and the ecu. But would the ecu could for the 4wheel drive. If it dose. Not see it or if it's not there jw

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
Is switching ECUs even possible because of the wiring harness? Are you crossing the generation gap? Is the transmissions the same model? More info is needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2 wd 06 pilot. The motor is dead. The 4wd 06 pilot dose not have vcm it is a standard j35. The trans are the same other than the block off for the diff. I can get a ecu and a motor and I have a crap ton of j wearing harnesses laying around. I just wanna know if the ecu is going to code for 4wd crap if it's not there or is it not going g to cause there is no wires for it so it's never going to see it .

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
It's a 2 wd 06 pilot. The motor is dead. The 4wd 06 pilot dose not have vcm it is a standard j35. The trans are the same other than the block off for the diff. I can get a ecu and a motor and I have a crap ton of j wearing harnesses laying around. I just wanna know if the ecu is going to code for 4wd crap if it's not there or is it not going g to cause there is no wires for it so it's never going to see it .
Yes, if all connections are not made, you will have open codes regarding the operation of your non-existent 4wd. Getting an ecu programmed for 2wd may could work. The VVT solinoid spool assemblies would also have to be for 2wd. I'd also want to see if the wiring harness for the J35 would plug into my vehicle (Hopefully Honda didn't rearranged the configuration of the pins). You may want to look up the part number on the wiring harness for 2wd and 4wd to make sure they are the same. Honestly, my vote would be not to try it. It's an interesting conversation though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.