Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbors Pilot stuck half way down the driveway .... she turned it over no problem dropped it in gear and stalled. Went to turn it over again no crank , fuel pump primes I can hear it .
Tossed a new battery in the Pilot that I have for jumping purposes same issue. Tapped on the starter..still nothing still just the usual lights on the dash when you start up. I noticed the brake pedal is hard at the moment probably from pressing on the brake to shift gears to see if it was the nautral safety switch. Checked all the grounds and cables nice and tight.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Try jumping from battery positive to the solenoid connection on the starter. That's the small wire. No click means bad starter. If it starts with jumper, your problem is upstream in the control wiring.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try jumping from battery positive to the solenoid connection on the starter. That's the small wire. No click means bad starter. If it starts with jumper, your problem is upstream in the control wiring.
Thanks I'll check it , we are being dumped on with the rain at the moment once it clears out i'll give it a try ..

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear one click only on the jump nothing else ... bad starter i assume

·
Registered
526 Posts
someone had similar issue on here 3 days ago, turned out to be.....

STARTER

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
This seems to be the year for starter issues. Same thing only on my riding mower instead of my vehicle. Working perfectly when mowing. Few days later nothing. New starter, starts and runs perfect.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True ..but this pilot has 250K on her and this is an OEM starter...guess she got her moneys worth!.. :)

Reactions: fivermillions

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
Mine only had 2 seasons on it, but being a Cub Cadet it has a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Yup, sometimes starters warn you when they're going bad, and sometime they just up and die. The latter happened to me last summer, but I won't go into the details again so I don't make @andywatson cry. :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found the issue ...

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's the hot lead to the brushes. Was it corrosion, or did the starter short internally and burn out the lead? In any case, it's due for replacement.
Corrosion... as soon as i touched it the darn thing crumbled

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You, sir, are a patriot and a good guy.
Not really he's also a fellow Canadian armed forces now a US Army Medic ... we take care of our own :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts