Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the rear wheel bearing replacement is the timkin 510050 the correct bearing for an 06 FWD? Because that’s what I got but I saw a thread about abs not working if it was metal on both sides..

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
For the rear wheel bearing replacement is the timkin 510050 the correct bearing for an 06 FWD? Because that’s what I got but I saw a thread about abs not working if it was metal on both sides..
That part number is correct. Can you copy and paste the link to the discussion about this bearing not working with ABS, please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Locoweed
·Registered
Joined Aug 11, 2012
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 Mar 21, 2015

I just had the right rear bearing replaced at the dealer. Took my own bearing because of the dealer price on one. Found out I had the wrong one. For fwd you need a bearing that has at least one side that has the rubber seal without the metal shield. Otherwise the anti-lock sensor won't be able to "see" the balls in the bearing go around.

Make sure you get on that looks like this

Not this

Attachments

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Locoweed
·Registered
Joined Aug 11, 2012
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 Mar 21, 2015

I just had the right rear bearing replaced at the dealer. Took my own bearing because of the dealer price on one. Found out I had the wrong one. For fwd you need a bearing that has at least one side that has the rubber seal without the metal shield. Otherwise the anti-lock sensor won't be able to "see" the balls in the bearing go around.

Make sure you get on that looks like this

Not this

Attachments
Wow! That's really important information. Gotta remember that. Thanks for sharing that info.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
So just looking at the Timkin 510050, it appears to be ok, or is this not what you got?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I got looks like the 510039 one pictured on both sides but is etched with part # 510050. What am I missing?

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
The one I got looks like the 510039 one pictured on both sides but is etched with part # 510050. What am I missing?
510039 = Size 45X84X42
510050 = Size 45X84X40

1 - 7 of 7 Posts