Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who looking to installing reverse aftermarket camera or replacement HUD with a reverse camera that needs a positive + reverse wire.
I've done couple search in the past and now to no available, so here it is.
Hope this helps!!!

It's located on the passenger side.
1. You'll need to remove the front passenger door step trim.
2. Use a pry tool remove the plastic clip holding the passenger fuse right kick panel cover and remove it.
3. Undo the two clips holding the wiring plug/harness in the pictures.
4. Unplug the two plugs to get better access and cut up the electrical tape for more room to work on.
5. To check with a voltmeter, with the engine off and ignition on.
5a. place negative lead to body and stick a paper clip into the Green/Black Strip wire should read 12v+ and put in Neutral/Park shouldn't have any power going through.
6. Once validated the correct wire is located, slice into the wire and use a someone like a small nail to poke the wire and feed the wire through, twist and electrical tape or solder for a more solid connection.
7. Tape it back up and do the reverse order to put everything back together nicely.

I've installed my reverse camera 2yrs ago, but through many research.
I wasn't able to locate the wire until recently I did a remote start alarm install.
Gather a couples wiring diagram, but still not a good solid answer to where actually the wire is.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
So does this wire only have power in reverse?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome, good info! Now if I could only find the vss wire for the head unit navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
perfect timing! ..I'm about to add a backup camera to one of my 06's ... Awesome writeup !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @gratefuls1n or anyone else that has done this type of project!

I am just embarking on the similar project on my '07 Pilot. @gratefuls1n hints were great for getting a head start, so thank you!

I have checked the voltage on the green-black wire and verified on the schematics that for '07 it should be a reverse light. It seems that on my vehicle it is always high (> 12V). I cycled through gears and it did not change. Would you have any experience in this regard? Should voltage change a the gears are changed?

I did already tap into backup light with power supply for the camera and wireless transmitter (did not want to run power / camera wire from the back to the front of the vehicle). I verified that my backup camera's lights work; still awaiting for the head unit to verify the rest of the setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @gratefuls1n or anyone else that has done this type of project!

I am just embarking on the similar project on my '07 Pilot. @gratefuls1n hints were great for getting a head start, so thank you!

I have checked the voltage on the green-black wire and verified on the schematics that for '07 it should be a reverse light. It seems that on my vehicle it is always high (> 12V). I cycled through gears and it did not change. Would you have any experience in this regard? Should voltage change a the gears are changed?

I did already tap into backup light with power supply for the camera and wireless transmitter (did not want to run power / camera wire from the back to the front of the vehicle). I verified that my backup camera's lights work; still awaiting for the head unit to verify the rest of the setup.

Thanks!
In the thread you clearly indicate that voltage should change. Hmm... this will have me puzzled. I found another forum stating that there are more than one reverse wire. So hunt shall continue.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
In the thread you clearly indicate that voltage should change. Hmm... this will have me puzzled. I found another forum stating that there are more than one reverse wire. So hunt shall continue.
You may want to re -read the posting again ..it states neutral / park ONLY ..there should be no Voltage ..also are you tapping in the passenger side NOT the drivers side on the correct plug?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks @Tahoefever.

Yes the plug is on the passenger side.
The test is executed when car is off but ignition is on. What puzzles me is that once car is on, the signal changes to high and stays there. So would it not constantly show reverse signal on that line? Or does it change if car is actually moving.

I don't mean to come across argumentative, I am seeking to learn.

On the drive side the neural wiring harness should have a white lead coming from the gear shifter indicating a Neutral according to Autozone provided wiring diagram.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts