Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello please help...I replaced radiator cause coolant and trans mixing issue.and now it's not shifting smooth.I think I may have trans lines switched going into radiator.witch lines go where?I know there's only2 upper and lower

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts
Hope page three of the document I've attached for you helps you visualize it a little better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sounds like there is still engine coolant in the tranny.......multiple tranny drain and fills will reduce the amount of water that remains in the tranny.

The tranny cooler is in the cold radiator tank......tranny fluid can flow either way thru the cooler.

·
Registered
420 Posts
as stated above, drain and fill the transmission fluid. Then circulate the fluid around the transmission (driving or just shifting thru gears). Repeat drain and fill a coupe more times.......it's not clear how long you had the issue, if the transmission is recoverable without overhaul.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Hello please help...I replaced radiator cause coolant and trans mixing issue.and now it's not shifting smooth.I think I may have trans lines switched going into radiator.witch lines go where?I know there's only2 upper and lower
Strawberry Milkshake of Death
Hoping for the best outcome from your SMOD incident. But when coolant mixes with ATF the odds for full recovery of the transmission is slim especially if you didn’t notice the SMOD immediately. Performing a full trans flush is your best bet rather than just incremental drain&fills. As mentioned the correct orientation of the trans lines will not cause your shifting issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts