Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

05 Pilot lifted on 31s

83945 48
Here is a few pics of my pilot. Just put on a Ready Lift lift kit 2" and General AT2 Grabbers 235/85/16 E load. Meyer Home Plow. I will install in a few weeks. I do have a Comptech supercharger laying around from my acura TL that will go on at the end of winter.Wife wanted a pearl 2011 touring so i inherited this. I can never leave anything alone. Little about me.I've been a honda certified tech for about 11 years. Last car was a 01crv with 31" tires and a 2 1/2" lift(no motor mods complete turd, but looked cool), a few civics ranging from stock x-cross to 00 hatch vortech supercharger with custom cog belt drive at 19psi at 12:1 compression making 535whp.

Attachments

Reactions: bigmixx
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I LOVE THIS!! You always see lowered bling'd out Pilots but you never see the lifted ones. I grew up owning Jeeps that were always modified so I have always looked at the pilot and thought how cool it would look a few more inches off the ground :) Do you plan on getting it dirty or do you just like being higher off the ground?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
No mudding. I've.plowed a few family members drive ways with 1' with no problem. Haven't really had that much snow. I did plow our dealer lot that had 24" and a few 32"-36" drifts. We have 300 + cars on the lot to get an idea of the size. I had no problem. Didnt turn VSA off and tires did not slip at all. Only one little problem. I hit a curb that I forgot was there at 15mph and needless to say I tweaked the lower core a little. The nuts that are in the lower core pulled out about 1/4". Put it up on the bench and everything still measured with in spec. (carliner) A clevis pin on plow bent too , thats how hard i hit the thing. Works great obviously it's not made to hit curbs that fast. While I had it up on the bench I did re-enforce the lower core. It will rip the. Radle out before the core is damaged

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One other thing I new would happen but was not sure when was the tranny temp light comeing on. I have a factory pilot cooler and filter. Outside temp was 21. Light came on just as I finished 2 1/2 hrs of extreme beating. Temps were as high as 289. Yes I completely drained, flushed all that fluid out. I would not expect this to happen to the normal person. I was beating the piss out of her to see what she could take. I don't plan to make a habit of it

· Registered
434 Posts
Don't you think the tranny temp was high just from spinning the extra weight of those tires? Does the tranny shift a lot more compared to the stock tires? That's always been my concern going with huge muddin' tires. It seems like there would be more stress on the clutch packs.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tire size or load E tires made no difference for me. I never had over 236 with cooler. Shifting reverse, drive , reverse, drive will make a lot more heat. Transmissions aren't meant to be in reverse all that long, making more heat. When you drive you have air flow making an efficient cooling system. Plowing,no air flow,equals higher temps. Turn ac on so both fans run and temps dropped 10 degrees.

· Registered
549 Posts
Here is the plow pics. front sags 1/2" and lifting the rear 1/2". Feels the same on the freeway. Cruise control on and doesn't down shift. Hopefully we will have snow in the next couple weeks. See how it works. Picked up a Honda HS520 snow blower also just in case. Its nice and quite.

looks sexy!!! AWD rocks...

· Registered
6 Posts
Wow! I'm not normally a fan of lifted cars but this was done right. You said you owned an Acura TL as well - I'm also an owner of a 2004 Acura TL. Love that car just as much as the Pilot, they did that car right. I'm not as big of a fan of the newer ones, I feel that model year was the best. I've always been curious about a turbo/supercharged setup for the TL, what kind of power did it make? I'd love to boost my TL

· Registered
668 Posts
OEM accessory lower trim, purely cosmetic.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.