Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Pilot with the built-in Honda 6 CD changer, it really hasn't been used much and I believe there are no discs IN the unit currently, but when I hit CD up on the top radio ( i even hit cd a few times as I wasn't sure if i had to cycle from top cd single player to cd changer, saw no change display just says cd) and then I go down to the cd changer head hit a number on the changer I believe it used to flash to tell me to insert a cd, then i'd hit the next button insert another cd etc etc, it's been SO long but that's what I remember it doing.

Now when I turn the car on i see the lights under the 6 numbers run across flashing red / green, i think it does this like 3 times in a row 1.2.3.4.5.6. etc then when it stops button 1 shows red solid (not flashing won't accept a cd), the rest green, but no matter what number i hit (eject does nothing pretty sure all slots are empty), 2,3,4,5,6 press no change.

I thought maybe if i disconnect my battery and re-enter my security code it may help reset it if somehow there was an issue (car did die over the winter in the driveway due to not driving it for a while), that didn't seem to change anything but I was just hoping.

I am not sure what else i can try or do but I figured I would ask here and see if there were any other ideas or if anyone has run across this problem.

Thanks for any suggestions, it's not a huge deal the top single cd player still works, but I wondered if there was something I wasn't doing right or something else I could try to possibly load up a few other CDs as I have a road trip coming up.

Bill

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep read it, what he says to do makes sense, but mine doesn't turn green to allow a cd to be put in, i've also tried to eject from each of the 6 (pretty sure all are empty), just no luck guess mine is somehow broken...

-----------------

Step one: Press the load button
Step two: Select any button from 1 thru 6
Step Three: when the light turns green above the cd slot, insert the CD.

That’s all !!! 😃 Note: it’s a 6 CD holder so the number button you press in step two is where that particular disc will be stored. Hope this helped ! Enjoy your music

1 - 4 of 4 Posts