Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 pilot 150k miles blinking D light 40-55 mph intermittent
Purchased at 125k miles

I have a basic reader and no codes are being thrown, same at autozone etc. Trans fluid changed at 130k miles with honda fluid. No issues until recently, fluid is full, the right color red, and doesn't smell burnt. Acceleration is good, no slipping, good idle, no hard shifts. Dealers want $200 just to plug it in and locals tell me they won't touch it and I should visit a dealer. Most posts mention pressure sensors. I would rather spend the $200 on parts before giving it to a dealer. Any data on which sensor to start with based on mph or suggestions on further troubleshooting? Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,372 Posts
Most likely it’s the 3rd gear and/or 4th gear pressure switches. I’d just replace both. Total cost will be ~$100
for parts; installation extra. Use OEM parts . . . some guy used aftermarket, wasted lots of time and money, and eventually ended up with OEM anyways. I replaced both with OEM and the flashing D (and trouble code reported by Honda specific scanner) didn’t come back.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,445 Posts
Plus take a look at your radiator...including the color of the fluid.....just in case. Especially if your radiator is original,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. I'll siphon off a few ounces of antifreeze and trans fluid and get a good hard look at them and if they're clean then I'll do the switches and report back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fluids were clean so I did the 3rd/4th pressure switches and the light hasn't come back yet. Hope it stays that way. Thanks for all your help.
That is what it was for me. We were driving home from a friend's funeral when my D light started blinking. Not being a DIY guy,we took it to our shop and that is what it was. They said that a lot of people just ignore the light, and end up needing a new tranny. Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts