Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of those who have had the problem with their Pilot braking sudenly without pushing the pedal, have you had repairs and if so did they work?

Honda is saying that (based on their inspection at my house) the ABS/VCS/TZS modulator and the brake switch should be replaced on my Pilot and in doing so the repair should correct my concerns with the vehicle. Anyone have any or all of these repairs done and if so, did it work?

If anyone has had the sudden braking again after "repair", please please post. I do not want to get into this vehicle with my family ever again if this repair doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda Pilot brakes suddenly lock

Thx Rocky.
I have had the vehicle for just under 2 years. It is a 2005 with approx 55,000 miles on it. It has not had any work done on it while I have owned it. This seems to be very common as quite a few reports are filed with the NHTSA. I have researched a lot and am trying to compile those who have had repairs and whether or not they have worked. This problem happenened in Oct 2010 and I have the extended warranty on it thru Nov 2011. I had it towed and have not driven it since. It seems based on the many reports to be entirely unpredictable.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I don't recall any other reports of that here.

How many reports are there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Honda Pilot 2011 having same problem in these days.All dasboard lights come and go and brakes are applied automatically .I stop on roadsides ,switch off the engine,pump brake pedals and then brakes are released .it happens many times.I had Master Cylinder replaced couple of months before.Vehicle scanned by Dealer Honda Sport. Does,t show any code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts