Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of yesterday my rear tires are sitting inward at the top. Also my rear passenger tire seems to sit an inch closer towards back door than driver side..Any suggestions?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Check for rust damage where the rear subframe bolts up, or where the other suspension parts bolt up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jack it up, grip the wheel at 9 and 3, and shake as hard as you can. Do it again at 12 and 6. If there's excessive play anywhere, find the root cause.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
As of yesterday my rear tires are sitting inward at the top. Also my rear passenger tire seems to sit an inch closer towards back door than driver side..Any suggestions?
In addition to the above shaking recommendations inspect the condition of the upper control arm as well as the lower arms and ball joint

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
Drive over any rougher roads than normal? Take an off-roading excursion? Not saying you did but just don’t want an oh-by-the-way moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wife finally decided to tell me what she did. So looking further I found this bad boy.
20201204_105416.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't put it on stands to get a good look to see if anything else is damaged. Will soon. Hoping to replace the part and get an alignment. Hopefully nothing else is damaged

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drive over any rougher roads than normal? Take an off-roading excursion? Not saying you did but just don’t want an oh-by-the-way moment.
Lol..Off road excursion! Love the wording but pretty much what she did i guess

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
Hit a curb at 15 mph?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I haven't put it on stands to get a good look to see if anything else is damaged. Will soon. Hoping to replace the part and get an alignment. Hopefully nothing else is damaged
Check RockAuto to see if they stock replacement rear trailing arms. That’s a pretty hard hit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hit a curb at 15 mph?
Yeh sounds about right. Backed out of a drive slowly, bumps against curb so im assuming she gunned it to get over curb (tight space so needed more room) at that point hits a short capped concrete wall/barrier from some sort of really old retainer wall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check RockAuto to see if they stock replacement rear trailing arms. That’s a pretty hard hit
Part is $72. Not too bad but worried I may find other damage once I get fully under it. Yeh hard hit for sure

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Lol, glad it's a relatively harmless hit and easy fix. Maybe you can barter this into the wife baking you a pie.

But again, where's ol' timey radio host @xGS to say...

Good day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts