Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently started noticing some weird sounds coming from the rear end of the wife's truck.... Looked in the back and was able to see this issue for now. Now I don't know exactly what I'm seeing and I'm hoping you can steer me in the correct direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
the frame is rusted out where the subframe bolts to it. Search on subframe rust, unfortunately a common problem on Pilots in the rust belt. Search on subframe rust in this forum, others have made plates and welded or bolted them in. A repair shop will probably not touch it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the frame is rusted out where the subframe bolts to it. Search on subframe rust, unfortunately a common problem on Pilots in the rust belt. Search on subframe rust in this forum, others have made plates and welded or bolted them in. A repair shop will probably not touch it.
I kinda figured that's what it was but just wanted to make sure. Especially in the Midwest I know rust is an issue. I've hated this truck since she got it. But thanks for the heads up and I'll look into it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Look in the Problems forum for "Rusted subframe mount repair". I did this repair on my 2003 over a year ago, and it is working with no problems.

You may wish to try this repair, or you may wish to get a different vehicle. I am realistic about my 2003, and don't expect more than a couple more years out of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look in the Problems forum for "Rusted subframe mount repair". I did this repair on my 2003 over a year ago, and it is working with no problems.

You may wish to try this repair, or you may wish to get a different vehicle. I am realistic about my 2003, and don't expect more than a couple more years out of it.
I think I did see your post and may head that way into getting repaired. But idk bro o hate this vehicle with a passion that I may just have to let it go or may have to park where I know cars are known to get hit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts