Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many years I always left my climate control at 70 degrees, year round with no issues. Over this past summer it started blowing hot air when it should be cool air, I found I had to set it to 63 degrees and it would cool OK. Now with colder weather, set at 63 degrees it is blowing hot air even though I feel the cabin is already much warmer than that. If I go to the LO setting it does blow very cold (that was true in the summer), and I was able to be comfortable this past summer with the lower 63 degree setting. I am not sure if this problem is A/C charge, or something related to either the cabin temperature sensor or possibly the hot/cold air mixing malfunctioning. Also I sometimes hear a faint kind of chattering noise from under the dash, but it is not the fan. It stops if I switch the climate control to off. Has anyone had any experiences like this?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
If I were at the track, I'd bet on a horse named Air Mix Motor.

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/help-front-a-c-blowing-hot-rear-works-replaced-air-mix-motor.153730/#post-1543250

But first, check out Screw Loose and Control Valve.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked that valve outside in the engine compartment, it operates correctly... I am going to give the cheaper air mix motor a shot that I saw someone else had used on an 04 (part # 79160-SNE-A01), looks like the bracket can be switched to make it work, as the motor part is the same... $275 is just silly for a part like this.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If it is only the motor which is bad, then usually it can be fixed by cleaning the commutator, same as the power door lock actuator's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but if I am going to go to the trouble of pulling this out I will just replace it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,945 Posts
There were some posts a while back about the traces on an electronic board wearing out and causing this issue. Sorry I can’t provide a link, but maybe you’ll get lucky searching this section or the problem forum.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
A valiant member tried to fabricate replacement boards for this about three years ago and make them available to other members, but unfortunately his part failed to fix the problem and the project was discontinued.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts