Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally became a huge Pilot fan when I bought a friend's '04 a couple of years ago. I had recently sold my old Dodge van (don't judge me) and found myself regretting not having something to haul in. This '04 is ROOMY. I keep the rear seats folded and placed a 4 x 6 rug over the cargo area. It's a thing of beauty for hauling, as you know. But I feel like we are nearing the end of the Pilot's "reliable" years/miles for long travel (am I wrong?), so I'm looking for the newest model year of the "box" Pilot. I would like to buy the newest "old" model. Help!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
2015 AWD.
I'd disable the VCM.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
What makes you think it's near the end of it's usable life? As long as the rear subframe hasn't rusted away (if you live in the rustbelt) and you keep up on timing belt changes and transmission fluid drain and fills they have a ton of life in them.

But if you want the biggest/boxiest version, the '09-'15 was by far the boxiest. They fit 4' wide sheet goods in the hatch flat and have a separate opening window on the hatch for long items.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
Or consider an '06-'08 AWD if you can find a good one, and avoid the entire VCM debacle altogether.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts