Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '04 2nd row (in parts and in entirety) does lock into a more forward position to give more legroom to the 3rd row and less legroom to the 2nd row, right?

I know this has been discussed before here with pictures here, but now I just want to verify that I have the correct understanding. See this post on our sister Acura site:

wmquan said:
... However, are you sure that the 2004 Pilot has a feature that lets the 2nd row lock in a more forward position? I know that there were some rumors of it on www.vtec.net. However, like with the MDX, some of the information items are based on interpretation of a change. In fact, vtec.net's article on 2004 Pilot changes says:

"2nd row walk-in capability to 3rd row improved"

But it does not say that the 2nd row locks in a more forward position. The Pilot's entire 2nd row goes forward, unlike the MDX's.

However, from confirmed info from Honda, neither vehicle seems to have a second row that locks into a position to give the third row more legroom (and the second row less).
Mods: Please feel free to integrate this thread into whichever of the above threads you feel is most appropriate. Thanks, again, for a great website!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an '04. The second row seats will each incrementally lock forward independently. When you tilt either seat forward to access the 3rd row, however, the seat will lock back in the rear-most position and have to be locked forward again.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris Chin said:
I have an '04. The second row seats will each incrementally lock forward independently. When you tilt either seat forward to access the 3rd row, however, the seat will lock back in the rear-most position and have to be locked forward again.
Thanks, Chris! So you can get an extra 100 mm of legroom in the 3rd row. Thought so, but just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, you can move either the 60 or 40 position forward incrementally or all the way and drive that way...either side, or both.

Tell the Acura people to go sit in one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thankyou Chris Chin,

That clears my doubt about the 04 pilot. I just placed my order for an 04 Pilot EXL Sandstone at $2050 off MSRP and was confused about the second row adjustment as it is not mentioned in the honda website.

:21: :21:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hondanews.com has the following for the 04 MDX. note the "Enhanced functionality of second row seat." That might be the sliding part that the PILOT now has.

The 2004 MDX receives additional horsepower, new styling and added interior features designed to insure its place as the benchmark in its segment. Enhancements to the 2004 MDX include:

Powertrain

Output increased to 265 horsepower at 5800 rpm
Torque increased to 253 lb-ft between 3500 and 5000 rpm
Body

Redesigned front fascia
Integrated chin spoiler
Dual exhaust
Satin chrome finish front and rear trim
Redesigned taillights
New projector-type headlights
Acoustic windshield glass
New colors: Aspen Pearl White, Burnished Bronze Metallic
Chassis

New wheel design (Touring Package)
Interior

Power lumbar support on driver's seat (Touring Package)
Brushed metal-look instrument panel trim
Enhanced Acura/Bose(R) Music system (Touring Package)
Auto-on/off headlights
Ambient foot lights and welcome illumination
Enhanced functionality of second row seat
Safety

Side curtain airbags with rollover sensors
Tire Pressure Monitoring System

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GreenMachine said:
Hondanews.com has the following for the 04 MDX. note the "Enhanced functionality of second row seat." That might be the sliding part that the PILOT now has.
I also assumed this was a no brainer for the '04 MDX--not only does the MDX need the extra legroom in the 3rd row more than the Pilot (29.3" vs. 30.2") but the MDX also has more legroom to spare in the 2nd row (37.8" vs 37.4")--but apparently, this is in some doubt.

See the 4th post on this page of our sister acuramdx.org site.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
GreenMachine said:

The 2004 MDX receives additional horsepower, new styling and added interior features designed to insure its place as the benchmark in its segment. Enhancements to the 2004 MDX include:

[ S N I P P E D ]

Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Hmmm... a tire pressure monitoring system, huh? Most interesting, indeed!! :p

I wonder how it works? :confused:

Would it still work if you bought aftermarket tires and rims? :8:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

Hmmm... a tire pressure monitoring system, huh? Most interesting, indeed!! :p

I wonder how it works? :confused:

Would it still work if you bought aftermarket tires and rims? :8:
My '99 Buick Park Avenue had this feature too. I never did really figure out how they did it - mirrors maybe? :8: :D

I had a problem with mine once shortly after installing a new battery and I had to "reset" it.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
colorider said:

My '99 Buick Park Avenue had this feature too. I never did really figure out how they did it - mirrors maybe? :8: :D

I had a problem with mine once shortly after installing a new battery and I had to "reset" it.
From what I've read, for some vehicles the tire pressure monitoring is handled in part by the ABS system. Apparently, with low pressure, there's enough of a change in the rotation of a tire as compared to the others that it's picked up somehow by sensors in the ABS system, and sets of the monitoring alarm. The article I read claims that while it's one way to do it, it's not necessarily very accurate.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
jay said:

From what I've read, for some vehicles the tire pressure monitoring is handled in part by the ABS system. Apparently, with low pressure, there's enough of a change in the rotation of a tire as compared to the others that it's picked up somehow by sensors in the ABS system, and sets of the monitoring alarm. The article I read claims that while it's one way to do it, it's not necessarily very accurate.
That would make sense and would be my guess. I never really tested the "system" to see how small of tire pressure difference it would detect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts