Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 honda pilot
When I purchased the vehicle everything worked within a few months the A/C in the back seat stopped working also the check engine light came on and the ABS as well as the FWD all at once. I'm am disabled and only use the vehicle to go to the Dr. and am tight on funds so I just took it to AutoZone to get the engine light checked out; the lights don't always turn on so when I went only the check engine light was on and they said the code was a P0303. I noticed the light would come on when my tank was lower than half at first now it just stays on. I just replaced the alternator after it just stopped one day when I was driving and the mechanic told me that it was the alternator so I paid him to replace it.
Now it won't start just clicks once, I know it has a good battery.

Now won't start just clicks once. I have no idea what it could be or how to figure it out... any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
First (and least expensive) thing to check are the battery and ground cables (see locations in attached document) for fraying or corrosion. It may be subtle or not so subtle. :)

Next, pull and check your spark plugs are torqued to spec, especially spark plug #3. Check these other items, too.

P0303 HONDA Possible Cause
  • Valve adjustment
  • Faulty spark plug 3
  • Clogged or faulty fuel injector 3
  • Faulty ignition coil 3
  • Fuel injector 3 harness is open or shorted
  • Fuel injector 3 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Ignition coil 3 harness is open or shorted
  • Ignition coil 3 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Insufficient cylinder 3 compression
  • Incorrect fuel pressure
  • Intake air leak

For the rear A/C, remove the driver side console panel by pulling it out starting near the gas pedal, then vacuum the blower motor screen. Next, replace the thermistor.

Before vacuuming.

After vacuuming.

Tip: Release the little metal latch, then turn clockwise (righty- loosey).

https://www.amazon.com/Blower-Motor...al+resistor+honda+pilot&qid=1615947589&sr=8-3

Amazon.com: Qiilu Heater Blower Motor Control Resistor for Acura MDX 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006, for Honda Pilot 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 79330-S3V-A51: Automotive

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
P0303 on google says you have a misfire on cylinder 3, so that will need to be addressed.
As for the no start sounds like it could possibly be your starter or the solenoid.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
Double check the battery voltage. Perhaps the new alternator is a dud.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Now it won't start just clicks once,
As for the no start sounds like it could possibly be your starter or the solenoid.
Yes, check voltage...

... but one tiny click and no start could very well be the starter. It was on mine a couple of summers ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts